Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wyoming Bowl



This weekend i was able to go out to Wyoming Bowl just off of Big Sky. It was a bluebird day and felt like spring. The snow was soft and Carson, Todd, Myles, Jonny, Shay, Ray and I came across a clearing with a few pillows to drop off of.
I had to brighten up the photos a bit because most of them came out a little dark. I have also been learning how to use large format view cameras in my photo classes and was inspired by the tilt shift aspect of this camera. This aspect enables the image to have very shallow depth of field, and only a sliver of focus. Although I did not shoot with a view camera, I was able to manipulate the image to mirror the tilt shift technique. I also feel that the making them black and white gives the images a more timeless feel. They were too busy in color.
The images I altered in this form are the last two.








*Double Click on Image to Enlarge*

No comments:

Post a Comment